We are grateful for all the works submitted in the 2nd Edition of the MapBiomas Award.
The Award's committee selected the finalists and among them the winners in each category. In addition, this year a study received an honorable mention.
Due to the context of the pandemic, the award event was virtual, on the 16th of June, 2020. Watch the event on the MapBiomas Youtube channel. Check out the event and the winners below:
Winners and finalists of the 2nd Edition of the MapBiomas Award
- 1st Place: Livia dos Santos Abdalla (FIOCRUZ/IME)
- Data-driven modeling for predicting the emergence of zoonoses: a case study of wild Yellow Fever in Brazil.
- 2nd Place: Thomas Püttker et al (UNIFESP)
- Indirect effects of habitat loss via habitat fragmentation: a cross-taxa analysis of forest-dependent species
- Honorable Mention: Mateus Camana et al (UFRGS)
- Assessing the legacy of land use trajectories on stream fish communities in southern Brazil.
- Adrian David González Chaves (USP) – Protecting natural habitat within farmland enhances coffee yields: regional analyses throughout the Brazilian Atlantic Forest
- Celso Henrique Leite Silva Junior (INPE) – Fire Responses to the 2010 and 2015/2016 Amazonian Droughts
- Henrique Yugo Shirai (IPÊ) – Landscape connectivity dynamics in the Atlantic Forest
- Isabella Romitelli (USP) – Landscape effects overtake abiotic and age influences on forest biomass in tropical fragmented landscapes
- 1st Place: João Pedro Graça Melo Vieira (PUC-Rio)
- Curbing or Displacing Deforestation? The Amazon Blacklist Policy
- 2nd Place: Angela Gabrielly Pires Silva (IFG)
- Selection of suitable areas for photovoltaic power plant deployment based on Boolean-Fuzzy logic model.
- Shaxahmary de Mori Crepaldi dos Santos (ESALQ-USP) – Effects of forest protection on wellspring mobility in sugarcane areas in the state of São Paulo
- Viviane Sobral Domingos dos Santos (UnB) – Prioritization and evaluation of the importance of Private Conservation Units (RPPNs) for fragment connectivity in the biogeographical unit "Serra do Mar" (Brazilian Atlantic Forest)
For more information about the MapBiomas Award visit the website – www.brasil.mapbiomas.org/premio
Questions and clarifications via e-mail: email@example.com
Find out more about other editions